NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR TO BE SELECTED.
ENTRIES TO THE "DRAW THIS AGAIN" CONTEST MUST BE RECEIVED
BY 11:59:59 PM (Los Angeles, CA, time) ON SEPTEMBER 30, 2012.
- You must be a member of deviantART to submit an Entry. Membership is free by registration at www.deviantART.com/join.
- You must be age 13 or older at the time your Entry is made.
- You may be a resident of any country in the world.
- DeviantART staff and volunteers and members of their immediate families may not make Entries.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
To enter you must follow these steps:
- Select one of your existing deviations from your past work (the "Past Work");
- The deviation from your Past Work must have been posted to deviantART prior to September 6, 2012 and must remain in your deviantART gallery throughout the contest period;
- Make a new, and improved, version of the Past Work;
- Place a copy of the Past Work and a copy of the new version into the template (provided for download in this Contest Article);
- Submit the completed template (your "Entry") to the Contest Gallery as instructed in the Contest Article;
- A link to the Past Work must be provided in the artist description when you submit your Entry to the Contest gallery;
- You may use any visual medium other than video, film or animations. Literature will not be accepted.
- You may enter as frequently as you like, but only one of your Entries may be chosen as a Semi-Finalist and/or Finalist;
- Your Entry will not be returned to you so keep the original file;
- Your Entry must be received before 11:59:59 PM (Los Angeles, CA, time) on September 30, 2012;
3. YOUR ENTRY:
To qualify your Entry:
- Must be completely your original work;
- May originate in any medium, but must be submitted as either a JPG or PNG file;
- May not contain any stock images unless it is stock imagery you yourself have created on your own (licensed stock brushes and textures are acceptable);
- May not be a collaboration with another person;
- Must follow deviantART's Etiquette and Submission policies;
- May not infringe the copyrights, trademarks or personality rights of any third party;
- Should not contain any artist signatures or watermarks unless intended to be part of the artwork for the Entry and to be judged as part of the Entry;
- Must be submitted to the "Draw This Again" gallery under Contests 2012 on or before 11:59:59 PM (Los Angeles, CA, time) on September 30, 2012.
- You represent and warrant that you have the absolute and unrestricted right to submit the Entry;
4. YOUR CONTINUING RIGHTS TO YOUR ENTRY:
- You will own all rights to your Entry as if it was a submission to your deviantART gallery, including the right to delete the Entry;
- If your Entry is selected as a Finalist, you will automatically grant to deviantART for a period of ten years the following rights:
- the non-exclusive right to use the Entry in promoting deviantART and to display your Entry on deviantART and/or in a physical gallery and to do all things including reproduction and adaptation for display as deviantART in its sole discretion believes necessary to exercise these rights;
- If your Entry is selected as a Finalist you will fully cooperate with deviantART in providing it access to the original files and or physical works on which you Entry is based to permit their display in a physical setting. Your failure to cooperate in a timely fashion will result in an alternate winner being selected in your place;
- If your Entry is not selected as a Finalist, you may continue to post your Entry in your deviantART gallery unaltered and you may otherwise use all or any of the elements in your Entry in any way and in any manner as the copyright owner of the Entry;
5. SELECTION OF THE FINALISTS, SEMI-FINALISTS AND PRIZING:
- 50 Semi-Finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART staff. Each semi-finalist will receive a three month Premium Membership in deviantART and 100 deviantART Points;
- Ten Finalists will be selected from the 50 Semi-Finalists by full time deviantART staff. The Ten Finalists will each receive: their new version as a Framed Fine Art Print; a one-year Premium Membership to deviantART; the dA PRO Nomad Bag and a deviantART Hoodie of the Finalist's choice. (If the new version of a Finalist's Entry is in a traditional medium, the print will be based on a photograph or scan; hoodies will be subject to availability);
- Finalists & Semi-Finalists will be selected by full time deviantART staff and will be judged by the following criteria weighted by the judges in whatever proportions they deem appropriate:
- Demonstration of progression as an artist
- Overall impact of the works
The Contest is void in any place where it may be prohibited or restricted by law and will remain available elsewhere in the event a specific jurisdiction restricts it. DeviantART is responsible for conducting the Contest under these Terms and Conditions, but will not be responsible for any liability or damages that result to or from any computer, computer system, delay, mistakes or failure in the availability of the website to receive Entries or to receive and tabulate votes. DeviantART reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST OR ITS VOTING PROCESS IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, deviantART RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRIES SUBMIT BY SUCH AN ENTRANT.
In the event any Entry is found to be fraudulent or an unlawful appropriation of the work of another or in violation of any representation made in connection with the submission of the Entry, deviantART reserves the right to pursue any and all remedies against the member responsible for such an Entry.