CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00:00 AM (PT – Los Angeles Time) ON April 17, 2012 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT – Los Angeles Time) ON May 15, 2012 (THE "PROMOTION PERIOD").
1. HOW TO ENTER:
- Membership to www.deviantart.com (the "Contest Site") is required to enter the "Inspired by You" Contest (the "Contest"). Membership to www.deviantart.com is free. If Entrant is already a registered member, Entrant is not automatically entered into the Contest.
- Entrant must be at least 13 years old as of April 17, 2012 to be eligible to enter the Contest.
- Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Entrant must follow the instructions on the Contest Site and submit the completed entry of artwork based on or inspired by either the new Dodge Dart or an element of the new Dodge Dart (each such person is an "Entrant").
- The completed entry ("Work") may be either (A) a digital work submitted as a single JPG or PNG or (B) a two-dimensional traditional work in any medium on paper, canvas or board scanned or photographed and submitted as a single JPG or PNG.
- The Work:
- if digital, must be at least 2000 pixels in the shortest length;
- if traditional, must be at least 14" (inches) on its shortest side and no more than 40" (inches) on its longest side;
- may not be an un-manipulated photographic image but may use a photograph as an element or reference;
- if traditional, must disclose in the artist's comments the original traditional media used for the entry;
The Work must be the Entrant's original work made for the Contest and may not use stock materials from others although licensed brushes and textures are acceptable; must be in keeping with the image of deviantART and the Chrysler Group LLC ("Chrysler"); may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or property rights or any other third party rights, or involve physical harm to any person or animal; may not contain verbal or visual mentions of commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than as contained in the assets provided to Entrants at the Contest Site; may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Contest Site and/or the proper conduct of the Contest; may not use any watermarks but may contain a signature by the artist; and. if found to be in violation of these rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest Site Gallery.
- Only online entries will be accepted. No hard copies of the entry will be accepted for judging. Do not submit original files or Works.
- The Work must be submitted to the Contest Gallery found on the Contest Site in the form of a PNG or JPG.
- Traditional entries must be kept available by the Entrant until the announcement of winners in order for the winning entries to be shipped to deviantART at deviantART's cost and expense.
- ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (PT) May 15, 2012. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. Works will not be returned.
- Entrants may enter as many Works as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed.
2. ENTRANT'S RIGHTS:
All Works submitted will remain the exclusive property of the Entrant, provided that:
- Entrant will not acquire any ownership or other interest in any and all trademarks, logos and other intellectual property of Chrysler including all design elements and visual elements of the Dodge Dart (collectively the "Marks") contained in the Work;
- except as expressly required in these Official Rules, entrant may not use the Marks in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Work or otherwise without Chrysler's express prior written approval;
- during the Promotion Period, and for a period of one year thereafter, eligible Works submitted to the Contest may be posted at the Contest Site or otherwise displayed in selections made by Sponsor and/or Chrysler, and in any form and media on or off the deviantART site, but only in connection with promotion of the Contest and/or with reference to the Contest;
- during the ten (10) year period immediately following the Promotion Period (the "Display Period"), the Sponsor, and/or Chrysler may (but will not be obligated to) display the first, second and third place prize winning Works in any form and media in connection with the promotion of their respective businesses;
- Sponsor, and/or Chrysler may otherwise use the first, second and third place prize winning Works in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as the relevant Entrant may approve in writing (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned); and
- Entrant may not authorize or permit any Work to be used to promote any product or service of any party other than Entrant, Chrysler and/or Sponsor to the extent it incorporates the Marks.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizewinners in both categories, digital and traditional, will be displayed at the Chrysler Headquarters located in Auburn Hills, Michigan. deviantART will print the winning digital Works and will collect from Entrants the winning traditional Works. As between the Entrant and deviantART, deviantART will assume responsibility for all costs associated with the display of the Works including shipping, framing and handling. DeviantART makes no representation that the Works will not be harmed or damaged in the process. Entrants of the winning Works agree to these terms and further agree that either Chrysler or DeviantART may display the Works elsewhere at their discretion without compensation, including its websites and social media platforms. Entrants in the traditional category agree to cooperate to fullest possible extent in delivering their winning works to deviantART when requested.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
Potential winners will be selected on or about May 21, 2012, from all eligible and qualified entries. Fifteen (15) semi-finalists will be selected in the Digital category and fifteen (15) semi-finalists will be selected in the Traditional category by full-time deviantART Staff on the basis of (i) Creative Treatment of the Dodge Dart car or any element of the car (33 1/3%),(ii)Overall Impact of the Work (33 1/3%) and (iii) Technical Skill(33 1/3%) . The 30 semi-finalists will be posted in advance of final judging. Only one entry per Entrant may be chosen as a semi-finalist entry. Semi-finalists will be chosen by a panel of deviantART staff members. The prize winning Works will be selected by a designer(s) from Chrysler. The judges' decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event of a tie in any portion of the judging process, the judges themselves will resolve the tie to the appropriate number of semi-finalists or ranked winners as applicable. Judging of the winners will be based on Creative Treatment of the Dodge Dart car or any element of the car, Overall Impact of the Work and Technical Skill in equal proportions.
Each of the two categories, digital and traditional, will have separate winners. Accordingly, there will be two (2) 1st Place Prize Packages, two (2) 2nd Place Prize Packages, two (2) 3rd Place Prize Packages awarded, and twenty-four (24) Semi-Finalists Packages consisting of the following:
1st Place Prize Package: two (2) first place winners will each receive $ $2,000 USD; 8,000 deviantART points; The New iPad (16 GB Black); a deviantWEAR hoodie of winner's choice (based on availability); a dA Pro Digital Artist Backpack; and a One year Premium Membership to deviantART (Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each 1st Place Prize: $2766.90 USD).
2nd Place Prize Package: two (2) second place winners will each receive $1,500 USD; 4,000 deviantART points; a deviantWEAR T-shirt of winner's choice (based on availability);a dA Pro Digital Artist Backpack; and a One year Premium Membership to deviantART (ARV of each 2nd Place Prize Package: $1689.90 USD).
3rd Place Prize Package: two (2) third place winners will each receive $1,000 USD; 2,000 deviantART points; a deviantWEAR T-shirt of winner's choice (based on availability); a dA Pro Digital Artist Backpack; and a One year Premium Membership to deviantART (ARV of each 3rd Place Prize Package: $1184.90 USD).
Semi-Finalists Package: 800 deviantART points and a six-month Premium Membership to deviantART. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners do not receive this package. (ARV of each Semi-Finalists Prize Package $165.00 USD).
Total ARV of all prizes: $ 15,243.40 USD. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of entries). Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or damaged prizes.
Contest open to deviantART members who are at least thirteen (13) years old as of April 17, 2012, except employees and volunteers (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor and/or Chrysler and their respective affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies. There is no charge for deviantART membership.
6. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES:
Potential winners will, and other potential winners may, be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit or releases are not returned within 14 days after mailing to potential winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. First, second and third place winners agree to Sponsor's and Chrysler's use of his/her name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, USA. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of California. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor and judges not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing, posting, uploading or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the Contest Site and the winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if the entrant's fraud or misconduct adversely affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, Chrysler and their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNERS LIST:
To obtain winner's list, go to www.deviantart.com. Winners list will be available after selection and verification of winners.
deviantART, Inc., 7095 Hollywood Blvd., #788, Hollywood, CA 90028
11. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST:
Go to www.deviantart.com.
© 2012 deviantART ,Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE OFFICIAL RULES TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ANY TERMS OR RIGHTS TO THE CONTRARY SET OUT IN DEVIANTART'S TERMS OF SERVICE, SUBMISSION POLICY OR ETIQUETTE POLICIES AND ANY SELECTION OF A CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR ENTRY WILL BE TREATED AS NULL AND VOID TO THE EXTENT NOT CONSISTENT WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
By clicking on the "Upload Your Artwork" button below, you agree that you have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, the above Official Rules.