CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:01:01 (PT) ON May 18, 2011 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT) ON June 19, 2011 (THE "PROMOTION PERIOD").
© deviantART, Inc. 2011 All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- HOW TO ENTER: Membership to www.deviantart.com (the "Contest Site") is required to enter the Contest. Membership to www.deviantart.com is free. If Entrant is already a registered member, Entrant is not automatically entered into the Contest. Entrant must be at least 13 years old as of May 18, 2011. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Entrant must follow the instructions on Contest Site and submit a completed entry ("The Work") consisting of the following: i) the concept art for a new colossus for the game RIFT; ii) the colossus must be based on only one of the six planar themes (earth, air, fire, water, life, or death); iii) must be very large within the scale of the game environment; iv) the colossus must be original to you and all elements must originate from you. You cannot copy graphic material from the game; v) it can be made in any medium as long as you submit it as a .JPG and a .PNG; vi) you may use licensed brushes and textures, but you may not use third-party stock in your entry; and vii) must be in a single .JPG or .PNG. Only online entries will be accepted. No hard copies of the entry will be accepted. Do not submit original files.
ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (PT) June 19, 2011. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. Entrants may enter as many Works as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed.
- The Work will not be returned.
- The Work (i) may not have been made commercially available, won any other prize/award, featured as a "Daily Deviation" or previously submitted to any other contest; (ii) must be the exclusive original work of the entrant and made for the Contest; (iii) must be in keeping with the Sponsor's image; (iv) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion; (v) must not be objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion; (vi) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (vii) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or property rights or any other third party rights; (viii) may not contain commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than those relating to the Sponsor; and (ix) may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Contest Site and/or the proper conduct of the Contest.
- By submitting the Work, entrant represents that (i) (s)he has the unrestricted right to submit the Work; (ii) all persons whose name, voice or likeness appears in the Work ("Work Participants") have unconditionally consented in writing to their appearance in the Work and unconditionally granted entrant in writing the right to submit the Work subject to these Official Rules, a copy of which consent and grant will be furnished to the Sponsor upon request; (iii) the Work does not infringe upon any third party's proprietary or other rights; and (iv) does not contain materials made or generated by third parties including licensed stock images. Entrant may use licensed brushes and textures in the Work.
- All Works submitted will remain the exclusive property of the entrant, provided that:
- entrant will not acquire any ownership or other interest in any and all trademarks, logos and other intellectual property of the Sponsor (collectively "Sponsor's Marks") contained in the Work;
- except as expressly required in these Official Rules, entrant may not use the Sponsor's Marks in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Work or otherwise without the relevant Sponsor's express prior written approval;
- during the Promotion Period, and for a period of one year thereafter, eligible Works may be posted at the Contest Site or otherwise displayed in selections made by Sponsor and/or Trion Worlds, Inc. ("Trion") and in any form and media on or off the deviantART site in connection with promotion of the Contest and/or Sponsor's and Trion's products;
- during the ten (10) year period immediately following the Promotion Period (the "Display Period"), the Sponsor and/or Trion may (but will not be obligated to) display prize winning Works in any form and media in connection with the promotion of their respective businesses;
- the Sponsor and/or Trion may otherwise use prize winning Works in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as the relevant entrant may approve in writing (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned);
- entrant may not authorize or permit any prize winning Work to be used to promote any product or service of any party other than-Entrant, the Sponsor and Trion during the Display Period; and
- entrant will not acquire any rights of any kind whatsoever to associate the Work with the game RIFT other than in reference with the fact that the Work was created as part of the Contest.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be selected on or about July 7, 2011 from all eligible entries. Twenty-five (25) semi-finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART Staff on the basis of Originality, Creative Expression of the Contest Challenge, Overall Impact of the Work, and Technical Skill. The semi-finalists will be posted in advance of final judging in the event that a semi-finalist is withdrawn an alternate, as determine by the judges, will take its place. The winners will be selected from the semi-finalists by a member(s) of Trion's creative team. The judges' decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event of a tie in any portion of the judging process, the judges themselves will resolve the tie to the appropriate number of semi-finalists or ranked winners as applicable. Judging of the winners will be based on Originality, Creative Expression of the Contest Challenge, Overall Impact of the Work, and Technical Skill in whatever degree the judges believe to be appropriate in reaching a decision.
- PRIZES: one (1) 1st Place Prize Package, one (1) 2nd Place Prize Package, one (1) 3rd Place Prize Package awarded, and 25 (25) semi-finalists consisting of the following: 1st Place Prize Package: Winner will receive $1,500 USD; Wacom Intuous4 medium tablet; 8,000 deviantART Points; dA PRO Digital Artist's Backpack; deviantWEAR Hoodie of the Winner's Choice (based on availability) and a one year Premium Membership to deviantART (Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of 1st Place Prize: $2,116.90 USD). 2nd Place Prize Package: $800 USD; Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Tablet; 5,000 deviantART Points; dA PRO Digital Artist's Backpack; deviantWEAR T-Shirt of the Winner's Choice (based on availability) and a 6-month Premium Membership to deviantART (ARV of 2nd Place Prize Package: $1,087.35 USD). 3rd Place Prize Package: $400 USD; Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Tablet; 3,000 deviantART Points; dA PRO Digital Artist's Backpack; deviantWEAR T-Shirt of the Winner's Choice (based on availability) and a 3-month Premium Membership to deviantART (ARV of 3rd Place Prize Package: $654.40 USD). Semi-Finalists Package: Twenty-five (25) semi-finalists will receive a free copy of RIFT and 3-month Premium Membership. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners do not receive additional Membership from this package. (ARV of Semi-Finalists Prize Package $47.95 USD).
Total ARV of all prizes: $5,033.55 USD. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received and nature of Work. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of entries). Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to deviantART members who are at least thirteen (13) years old as of May 18, 2011 except employees, contractors and volunteers (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of deviantART Inc., Trion, their affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies. There is no charge for deviantART membership.
- VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Potential winners who are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence and their parent or legal guardian will, and other potential winners may, be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit or releases are not returned within 14 days after mailing to potential winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. Winner agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
- GENERAL: This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of California. Sponsor and judges are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor and judges are not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing, posting, uploading or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the Contest Site and the winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of their affiliates if the entrant's fraud or misconduct adversely affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release the Sponsor, their directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain winner's list, go to www.deviantart.com. Winners list will be available after selection and verification of winners.
- SPONSOR: deviantART, Inc., 7095 Hollywood Blvd., #788, Hollywood, CA 90028.
- QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Go to www.deviantart.com.