NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00:00 AM (PT) ON April 7, 2009
AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT) ON May 19, 2009 (THE "PROMOTION PERIOD".)
1. HOW TO ENTER: Membership to www.deviantart.com (the "Contest Site") is required to enter the Contest. If Entrant is already a registered member, Entrant is not automatically entered into the Contest.
|(a)||Entrant must follow the instructions on Contest Site and submit the completed entry of a piece of artwork, inspired by the theme "Good vs Evil: Bring Your Vision to Life" (the "Work") and inspired by the graphic elements from the marketing campaign for Wacom Intuos4 made available to members of deviantART at the Contest Site ("Sponsor's Marks"). The Work must be in jpg, gif, or png file format but may originate in any medium. ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (PT) ON May 19, 2009. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. Entrants may enter as many Works as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed (i.e. entering the same entry into more than one category).|
|(b)||Do not submit original file of the Work. Entries will not be returned. You should retain and store the original file on your own.|
(i) May not have been made commercially available, won any other prize/award, featured as a "Daily Deviation" or previously submitted to any other contest;
(ii) must be the exclusive original work of the entrant and made for the Contest;
(iii) must be in keeping with the Sponsors' image;
(iv) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion;
(v) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion;
(vi) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
(vii) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or property rights or any other third party rights;
(viii) may not contain commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than those relating to the Sponsors;
(ix) may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Contest Site and/or the proper conduct of the Contest;
(x) may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks; and
(xi) if found to be in violation of these rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest Site Gallery.
|(d)||By submitting entry, entrant represents that
(i) (s)he has the unrestricted right to submit the Work;
(ii) all persons whose name, voice or likeness appears in the Work ("Work Participants") have unconditionally consented in writing to their appearance in the Work and unconditionally granted entrant in writing the right to submit the Work subject to these Official Rules, a copy of which consent and grant will be furnished to the Sponsors upon request; and
(iii) the Work does not infringe upon any third party's proprietary or other rights.
|(e)|| All Works submitted will remain the exclusive property of the entrant, provided that:
(i) entrant will not acquire any ownership or other interest in any and all trademarks, logos and other intellectual property of the Sponsors (collectively "Sponsor's Marks") contained in the Work;
(ii) except as expressly required in these Official Rules, entrant may not use the Sponsor Marks in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Work or otherwise without the relevant Sponsor's express prior written approval;
(iii) during the Promotion Period, and for a period of one year thereafter, eligible Works may be posted at the Contest Site or otherwise displayed in selections made by Sponsor and in any form and media on or off the deviantART site in connection with promotion of the Contest and/or Sponsor's products;
(iv) during the ten (10) year period immediately following the Promotion Period (the "Display Period"), the Sponsors may (but will not be obligated to) display prize winning Works in any form and media in connection with the promotion of their respective businesses;
(v) the Sponsors may otherwise use prize winning Works in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as the relevant entrant may approve in writing (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned); and
(vi) entrant may not authorize or permit any prize winning Work to be used to promote any product or service of any party other than entrant and the Sponsors during the Display Period.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be selected on or about June 19, 2009 from all eligible entries. Fifty (50) semi-finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART Community, Artist Relations and Creative Staff on the basis of Originality, Creative Interpretation of the Theme, and Technical Skill. The semi-finalists will be posted in advance of final judging. The winners will be selected from the fifty (50) semi-finalists by a judging panel consisting of Wacom worldwide staff including Wacom's Global Evangelist Manager, Wacom's Manager of Corporate Marketing for Europe, Middle East and Africa, as well as Wacom's Director of Marketing Communications for the Americas. The judges' decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. Judging of the winners will be based on a 1-10 point system on the basis of: Creative Interpretation of the Theme (50%), Originality (25%), and Technical Skill (25%). In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based on the highest score for Creative Interpretation of the Theme, then the highest score in Originality, and then Technical Skill. An additional winner will be chosen as the Community Choice Winner as follows: from the entries found in the contest category as of 12:00:00 AM (PT) May 29,2009, the otherwise qualifying entry that recieves the most "Favorites" between 12:00:00 AM (PT) May 29, 2009 and 11:59:59 PM (PT) June 4, 2009 (the "Voting Period".) "Favorites" are determined by using the tools provided on deviantART for marking a submitted Work as a "Favorite". The tool appears on the deviation page for the Work in the left hand navigation bar immediately adjacent to the Work and designated by an image. Entrants are encouraged to promote their respective designs within deviantART during the Voting Period, but any attempt to create false "Favorites" or to use in any way accounts which are not genuine for the purpose of generating "Favorites" will result in disqualification. Entrants are reminded that "Favorites" can be removed by the account that innitiates the "Favorite." The counting of "Favorites" will be non-cumulative and will occur once at the close of the Voting Period. In the event that the entry receiving the most "Favorites" at the end of the Voting Period is disqualified under these rules, the qualifying entry with the next highest number of "Favorites" will be selected as the winner. Potential winners will be notified by U.S. Postal mail and/or email and/or through the deviantART internal messaging system at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
3. PRIZES: One (1) 1st Prize Package consisting of the following: One (1) Wacom Intuos4 large (active area of 12.8" x 8") pen tablet, One (1) copy of Adobe Photoshop CS4 and One (1) copy of Adobe Illustrator CS4, a $1,000 American Express gift card, a 1 year subscription to deviantART, a deviantART Artist's Bag, and a devWEAR shirt of winner's choice (depending on availability.) (Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") : $2,946.)
One (1) 2nd Prize Package consisting of the following: One (1) Wacom Intuos4 medium (active area of 8.8" x 5.5") pen tablet, One (1) copy of Adobe Photoshop CS4, a $750 American Express gift card, a 1 year subscription to deviantART, a deviantART Artist's Bag, and a devWEAR shirt of winner's choice (depending on availability.) (Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") : $1,967.)
One (1) 3rd Prize Package consisting of the following: One (1) Wacom Intuos4 medium (active area of 8.8" x 5.5") pen tablet, a $500 American Express gift card, (1) a deviantART Artist's Bag, a 1 year subscription to deviantART, and a devWEAR shirt of winner's choice (depending on availability.) (Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") : $1,018.)
In addition, there will be One (1) Community Choice Prize consisting of the following: One (1) Wacom Intuos4 large (active area of 12.8" x 8") pen tablet, One (1) copy of Adobe Photoshop CS4 and One (1) copy of Adobe Illustrator CS4, a $1,00 American Express gift card, a 1 year subscription to deviantART, a deviantART Artist's Bag, and a devWEAR shirt of winner's choice (depending on availability.) (Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $2,946.)
Each semi-finalist will receive a 1 month subscription to deviantART. (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") : $4.95 each.)
Total ARV of all prizes: $9,124.50. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received and nature of Work. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of entries). Sponsors reserve right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsors responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to deviantART members who are at least thirteen (13) years old as of April 7, 2009 except employees and volunteers (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsors, their affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies. There is no charge for deviantART membership.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Potential winners who are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence and their parent or legal guardian will, and other potential winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit or releases are not returned within 14 days after mailing to potential winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. Winner agrees to Sponsors' use of his/her name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. GENERAL: This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of California. Sponsors and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsors and judges not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sponsors disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing, posting, uploading or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors' reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the Contest Site and the winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsors or any of their affiliates if the entrant's fraud or misconduct adversely affects the integrity of the Contest.
By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsors, their directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
7. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain winner's list, go to www.deviantart.com. Winners list will be available after selection and verification of winners.
9. SPONSORS: deviantART, Inc., 7095 Hollywood Blvd., #788, Hollywood, CA 90028;
Wacom Technology Corporation, 1311 SE Cardinal Ct, Vancouver, WA, 98683.
10. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Go to www.deviantart.com.
© deviantART, Inc. 2009.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.